Macro with Wildflowers – April 21, 2018
9 am – 5 pm SOLD OUT!
Do you struggle to capture a unique image that is just a little different from everyone else’s? Macro photography offers the opportunity to capture views that no one else will have. Join Smoky Mountain School of Photography instructors, Tyson Smith and Jerry Whaley for a day exploring the small world in front of your macro lens.
Our venue will be a private wild flower garden near Gatlinburg where we will have the opportunity to photograph spring flowers in the field and on sets where we can control lighting and backgrounds. We will use our subjects to explore options for lighting including flash, natural and artificial backgrounds and compositions that can make your images stand out from the crowd.
- Finding a good composition
- Controlling ambient light with diffusers and reflectors
- Add supplemental light with flash and other light sources
- Making and using artificial backgrounds
- How to set up your camera to make a good exposure
- How to use the histogram to capture the most information in your file
- How to blend multiple images into one image with a greater depth of field through focus stacking
Join Tyson and Jerry for a day of fun and learning while you capture some of the Smoky Mountains’ beautiful wildflowers.
Class is limited to 10 participants, so book your spot soon!